Another year has come and gone. I managed to pack quite a bit of adventure and fun in to 2015 and plan to continue that in the new year.
As mentioned before, I am making some changes to my monthly updates. I want life for 2016 to be as simple as possible. To that end I just want the following:
I have a few goals for the year and they can be broken out in to four main areas.
Health: Weight Loss/Outdoor Activities
Above is a photo of me taken yesterday [1/3/16]. On January 3, 2017 I want a photo of me to be a lot different. I want to lose weight and be more healthy. I have a number in mind but not certain I want to share it at this time.
- Workouts and enjoying outdoor activities as much as possible.
- Eat/cook from home.
- Consume less craft beer and coffee.
- Increase existing activities: Geocaching and hiking.
- Learn new activities: snowshoeing, cross country skiing, archery, fencing and rock climbing.
- Give myself little mini challenges; planks, push-ups, etc.
Finance: Save + Reduce debt
I have prepared a budget for 2016. I have a small amount of savings and most of my debt is gone. My net worth is positive.
Two items that “may” affect my savings goals. I may buy a new car this year but would rather push that to 2017. I will likely have to replace my laptop. The trip abroad may require some monies to be paid out towards the end of 2016.
- Have $10,000 in savings at the end of the year [a bit aggressive].
- Eliminate monthly storage unit expense.
- Pay off 401[k] loan.
- Plan a trip abroad within the next 18 months.
I started a screenplay a while ago and took up knitting again. I go to a regular weekly knit night every Thursday and I really enjoy it. I find that crafting is something I miss and want to incorporate more in to my daily life.
- Finish/sell screen play.
- Start novel.
- Continue knitting with projects that contain new stitches.
- Knit a sweater.
- Make a quilt.
- Increase hexipuffs for Bee Keepers quilt to at least 75.
- Hand make some Christmas gifts.
- Create two Geocaches.
- Get the gold coin for the Washington state park Geocaching challenge [as of today we have 34 left].
Environment: House/Yard/Non Tangibles
My home environment is important to me and I like it to be cozy. I would like to spend some time focusing on some home projects.
- Mudroom update: fresh paint, declutter, corral small items & new carpet.
- Replace fencing: blew down in windstorm – home owners insurance paying for this.
- Landscape shade garden area.
- Build my studio.
- Master Bedroom: remove wallpaper border, paint, carpet, finish closet & create a headboard.
- Flooring: install hardwoods in living and hallway and carpet spare room.
- Hot tub: rip out and prep area for new one and patio.
- P333 [post coming soon].
- Decluttering non-physical space: current computer, email, Pinterest boards, etc.
There is A LOT here and likely I have been very aggressive with my plans. Hoping to get a lot of this done this year.