Getting this post out a little late this month. I got to a slow start in September but around the second full week of the month I was a much better for cutting back on my three major problem areas [dining out, coffee & beer]. Due to cutting back I was able to lose some weight and save some money. I made time to work on a screenplay I am writing and also found time to complete some craft projects. The spare room is coming along and I am proud to report I have started a craft/writing space in there. Update coming soon.
Last month I reported that my net worth was finally positive. I think for now I will keep this section and report on milestones. My next one will be to get $5,000 in savings. Originally that was a goal for the end of this year but I have some upcoming expenses so I believe a more realistic goal is March 2016. It could be as early as January which is only a month later but I have a 401[k] loan I would like to pay off. I believe I would like to pay that off and still have a $5,000 balance which would mean a goal of March which I believe is reasonable.
- 401[k] personal: $140.82
- 401[k] employer match: $70.41
- Savings: $600
- 401[k] Loan $35.34 payoff March 2016
- Personal loan 2: $200 payoff April 2020
The Great Outdoors/Travel
- Camping in Oregon & Moxee
- Geocaches: Completed 28 caches 10 of which were state park ones, 2 were earth and 1 was a multi. The earth cache was my 400th cache. As long as I do a multi or a puzzle cache for my 500th I can do another challenge cache. Will go in to detail on that one later.
- Hexipuffs: 5
- Knit a hat – more to come on that one.
- On hold. I need to go shopping. A lot of my clothing needs to be replaced due to age and wear and tear.
- Started a notebook for spring garden plans
- Started moving plants that will not survive the winter in to the house
- Achieved a craft/sewing space in the spare room.
- Completed 2 hikes
Here’s to this month!
* For the purposes of Geocaching, the notations above are [smileys] logged as found [dnf] did not find [v] virtual [r] retrieved, [d] discovered [v] trackables visited] & [mng] meet n greet.
**I found out this past month that if I have a trackable I will never get rid of I can have it visit all of my caches which will show a map of where I have been. I have a trackable dog tag on my dog and use that one as my personal map of visits.