September has started out very wet. Autumn is my FAVORITE season. The colors, the leaves, football. I love it all! This month I am doubling down on my efforts to reel in my spending on three main areas: dining out, coffee & beer. It was oh so temping to stop at Starbucks on my way in to work yesterday and pick up a coffee and breakfast. I am trying to reserve that for the weekends as a treat.
I am now at a positive net worth so I am uncertain if I will keep this category or perhaps start tracking new milestones. So for now this is a placeholder.
- 401[k] personal: $138.24
- 401[k] employer match: $69.12
Some may think that my personal savings per month far outweighs what I place in retirement. I have a personal goal of having $5,000 in savings by the end of the year which may be a little aggressive but I really want a cushion and to be prepared for when I will need a new car which I am hoping will be a couple years. Currently I am sitting at $2,100 in savings.
- Savings: $800
- 401[k] Loan $35.34 payoff June 2016
- Personal loan 2: $200 payoff April 2020
The Great Outdoors/Travel
- Camping in Oregon & Yakima
- Geocaches: Complete harder terrain/difficulty caches of 3 and above, achieve Triad challenge.
- Hexipuffs: 5
- Make second felted owl, hand bag & knitted hat
- Uncertain on this at this time. I am losing weight and that will require purchasing new clothing in smaller sizes. I will revisit for October.
- Prep plants for coming indoors.
- Move two book shelves to living room
- Bring my two book shelves from storage to spare room
- Clean up spare room
- Create sewing space in spare room [will involve bringing more items from storage]
- Go through storage so I can eliminate that expense
- Complete 2 hikes
- Start working out again 2 days a week
- Journal my food choices
Here’s to this month!