This month was super busy with my mom and niece’s birthday, a trip to Oregon wine country, Geocaching block party, camping, starting back up on a knitting project, starting a new knitting project, finishing up some sewing projects, finally starting to go through the spare room and keeping my yard watered. An unexpected hassle was the damage to my car from a pine tree in our yard falling next to it.
I did terribly on reducing my spending on eating out, coffee and beer. We were really busy this month and that contributed to it. I am going to make a huge effort to be better about that in September.
Finally – positive net worth! Woohoo! Happy Dance!
- 401[k] personal: $138.24
- 401[k] employer match: $70.41
- 401[k] annual bonus $1,420.57
- Savings: $1,060.11 Last summer I took out a secured loan at my bank to help with my credit score which was demolished after my divorce. That loan was paid off and $500.04 transferred to my savings.
I have a 401[k] loan which I neglected to list for some weird reason. Probably because the payment comes out of my paycheck automatically so I don’t have to physically pay something. So I have added it here.
- 401[k] Loan $35.34 payoff June 2016
- Personal loan 2: $200 payoff April 2020
- Key Bank: $43.50 paid off this month
The Great Outdoors/Travel
- Camping in Larrabee State Park & Arlington
- Geocaches: Attended Block Party [posts: Brewery Tour, Ballard at Night & The Main Event] and the Ape Cache event. Found 16 [1 earth & 1 puzzle], Meet N Greet 4. Working on a couple of challenges.
- Hexipuffs: 5 [will be posting an update on the Bee Keeper’s Quilt project soon]
- Made a felted owl
- May be revamping this.
- Maintained garden water levels
- Took down a pine tree [joke] it fell down in a wind storm. This will change the planned woodland area planting next spring.
- Started going through the stuff in the spare room – we can walk through it now!
- Completed 3 hikes – one was 7 miles.
Here’s to this month!
* For the purposes of Geocaching, the notations above are [smileys] logged as found [dnf] did not find [v] virtual [r] retrieved, [d] discovered [v] trackables visited] & [mng] meet n greet.
**I found out this past month that if I have a trackable I will never get rid of I can have it visit all of my caches which will show a map of where I have been. I have a trackable dog tag on my dog and use that one as my personal map of visits.