Here is to the second quarter of 2015! As I mentioned yesterday, I didn’t get back on the healthy eating and working out bandwagon so much in March. Long hours combined with a cough that would just not go away made that a bit hard. This month I am more focused on that as well as being outside in the yard much more due to it staying lighter later which means I can after work as well as the weekend.
My last check with OT on it will be this month. I’m moving in on that $2,000 mark. I swear, once you have $1,000 the next grand comes so much easier! Of course that was with OT but the momentum is so incredibly helpful and the peace of mind with a little tucked away is so nice!
As I mentioned in my March wrap up, my 401[k] contributions will increase this month. Our fiscal year ended March 31 and we went back to Premera from Group Health [yay!] which costs me about half of what I was paying for health insurance. I also discovered my company matches 4% not 3% like I thought. The increase in my contributions started last month.
- 401[k] personal: $163.68 [rough estimate]
- 401[k] employer match: $81.84 [rough estimate]
- IRA interest: $100
- Savings goal: $500 [more due to OT]
- Slush goal: $60 [based on actual of previous month]
Total Savings/Retirement goals: $905.52
Debt Payment Goals
- Personal loan: $200 payoff May 2015
- Credit Card: $175 [used last month and will be carrying a balance this month] payoff May 2015
- Car payment: $200 payoff June 2015
- Key Bank: $43.57 payoff August 2015
Total Debt Payment Goals: $618.57
I feel like my goals may have been a bit aggressive so I will list a couple per category with a few others if I have time. If the list is less daunting it will be easier to check off. I am adding a new group called P333 which is for my Project 333 wardrobe project. More to come on that in a few days.
The Great Outdoors
- Camping at Rainbow Falls State Park
- Complete 6 Geocaches
- Start learning archery
- Make an additional 10 Hexipuffs for the Bee Keepers Quilt
- Start woven pom pom rope rug
- Start rehab on folding wooden chairs and footstool
- Create compost bin for chicken yard
- Plant Wandering Jew
- Purchase some succulents for mud room
- Weed bed under birch tree
- Move last two roses
- Start planting woodland area
- More plants to work
- Move all book cases to one wall in spare room
- Set up temporary sewing space in spare room
- Sort out mud room
- Complete 10 workouts
- Hike and Geocache on camping trip and other places
- Continue to take dog on longer walks when weather is cooperative
- Lose 10 pounds
- Complete going through clothing for this quarter P333 [this weekend]
- Purchase chambray button down
And there you have it. I would say looking at the above that my gardening ambitions may be a bit aggressive still but we shall see. Posts coming soon on my garden plans and P333.
What are you April goals? Do you have goals from a few months ago that just keep getting pushed forward? How do you reevaluate them?