Wow we are one quarter through this new year. March went much better than February in some ways and not in others. Savings was awesome but I spent more than I would have liked eating out due to mandatory OT and being very tired because of it. It was a rough one working 50+ hours every week. My savings is super thankful but I am darn tired and the doctor had to prescribe an inhaler. It’s a temporary thing to help me kick the last of the cold I had at the beginning of February. So no real weight loss to report this month. Due to illness I had to take a break and rest and did not get much in the way of projects done.
I have not posted in the past my total net worth and if it’s negative or positive. I’m uncertain if I want to state it in percentages or real numbers. For now I will post a percentage which is negative 10%. I should be positive at the end of May. One good thing is I increased my 401[k] contributions. I found out that the company matches 4% not 3% like I was contributing so I boosted that up.
- 401[k] personal: $140.74 goal exceeded by $11.47 [due to contribution increase]
- 401[k] employer match: $70.37 goal exceeded by $5.74 [due to contribution increase]
- IRA interest: $100 undetermined at this time. Having a problem with the online site.
- Savings goal: $700 goal exceeded by $200
- Slush goal: $55 goal exceeded by $5.38
Total Savings/Retirement goals: $1,066.11 goal exceeded by $222.59 [not including IRA interest]
Debt Payment Goals
- Personal loan: $200 goal met payoff April 2020
- Credit Card: $100 [carrying a balance this month] goal exceeded by $75 payoff May 2015
- Car payment: $200 goal met payoff June 2015
- Key Bank: $43.57 goal met payoff August 2015
Total debt payments goal: $543.57 goal exceeded by $75
The Great Outdoors
- Camping at Washington Park [get the recap here]
- Complete 6 Geocaches goal exceeded by 18
- Learn some archery: We did bring bows and arrows camping but didn’t have time – next month I hope.
- Made an additional 1 Hexipuffs for the Bee Keepers Quilt – slow month for Hexipuffs
- Hanging storage for Marty – purchased fabric shoe rack to convert
- Start rehab folding wooden chairs and footstool on hold until I have space to work
- Purchase chambray button down next month
- Start woven pom pom rope rug next month
- Make some gadget sewing projects on hold for now
- Make a knitted head band on hold for now
- Create compost bin for chicken yard on hold for now
- Weeded bed along back side of house
- Put down visqueen in chicken yard for vegetable garden prep on hold for now [veggie garden may go somewhere else]
- Plant Wandering Jew and purchase some succulents for mud room next month [got more cuttings of Wandering Jew]
- Weed bed under birch tree next month
- Plan yard; when and what to plant and where this has been started
- Move all book cases to one wall in spare room next month
- Set up temporary sewing space in spare room next month
- Sort out mud room next month
- Go through clothing in preparation for P333 starting in April: Started and will have to utilize a spreadsheet for the first couple days
- Complete 10 workouts Due to illness this was on hold
- Hike and Geocache on camping trip and other places Did hike and Geocache camping
- Take dog on longer walks on weekend Started that on nice days this past week
- Lose 10 pounds Due to illness this was on hold
Here’s to this month!